This is the separate entry I made for the TV categories. Same rubrics and mechanics apply. (Here’s the one for film) Enjoy!
Musical or Comedy
Game of Thrones1
The Good Wife
House of Cards
Jane the Virgin2
Orange Is the New Black
Best Performance in a Television Series – Drama
Clive Owen – The Knick as Dr. John “Thack” Thackery
Liev Schreiber – Ray Donovan as Ray Donovan
Kevin Spacey – House of Cards as Francis Underwood3
James Spader – The Blacklist as Raymond “Red” Reddington
Dominic West – The Affair as Noah Solloway
Claire Danes – Homeland as Carrie Mathison
Viola Davis – How to Get Away With Murder as Professor Annalise Keating, J.D.4
Julianna Margulies – The Good Wife as Alicia Florrick
Ruth Wilson – The Affair as Alison Lockhart
Robin Wright – House of Cards as Claire Underwood
Best Performance in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy
Louis C. K. – Louie as Louie
Don Cheadle – House of Lies as Marty Kaan
Ricky Gervais – Derek as Derek Noakes
William H. Macy – Shameless as Frank Gallagher
Jeffrey Tambor – Transparent as Mort/Maura Pfefferman5
Lena Dunham – Girls as Hannah Horvath
Edie Falco – Nurse Jackie as Jackie Peyton
Julia Louis-Dreyfus – Veep as Vice President Selina Meyer
Gina Rodriguez – Jane the Virgin as Jane Gloriana Villanueva6
Taylor Schilling – Orange Is the New Black as Piper Chapman
Best Performance in a Miniseries or Television Film
Martin Freeman – Fargo as Lester Nygaard
Woody Harrelson – True Detective as Detective Martin Hart
Matthew McConaughey – True Detective as Detective Rustin Cohle7
Mark Ruffalo – The Normal Heart as Ned Weeks
Billy Bob Thornton – Fargo as Lorne Malvo
Maggie Gyllenhaal – The Honourable Woman as Nessa Stein, Baroness Stein of Tilbury
Jessica Lange – American Horror Story: Freak Show as Elsa Mars
Frances McDormand – Olive Kitteridge as Olive Kitteridge8
Frances O’Connor – The Missing as Emily Hughes / Walsh
Allison Tolman – Fargo as Deputy Molly Solverson
Best Supporting Performance in a Series, Miniseries, or Television Film
Matt Bomer – The Normal Heart as Felix Turner9
Alan Cumming – The Good Wife as Eli Gold
Colin Hanks – Fargo as Officer Gus Grimly
Bill Murray – Olive Kitteridge as Jack Kennison
Jon Voight – Ray Donovan as Mickey Donovan
Uzo Aduba – Orange Is the New Black as Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren
Kathy Bates – American Horror Story: Freak Show as Ethel Darling10
Joanne Froggatt – Downton Abbey as Anna Bates
Allison Janney – Mom as Bonnie Plunkett
Michelle Monaghan – True Detective as Maggie Hart
Best Miniseries or Television Film
The Normal Heart
1. No Mad Men? No Breaking Bad? No True Detective? GREAT SCOTT! Game of Thrones might actually win. Unless we see an upset from House of Cards or The Good Wife
2. I was thinking OINTB had it in the bag at first. But then again, last year’s acclaimed freshman comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine won. That might happen again with the growing popularity AND charm of Jane the Virgin. I’m also considering Transparent but the HFPA might want to avoid “controversy”. OINTB could also upset.
3. Once again, the lack of Don Draper and Heisenberg might actually lead to a Spacey win. Then again, Spader or Owen could upset.
4. Viola Davis is the prime frontrunner but Marguiles or Wright could upset.
5. I really want Louie to win but I’m cool with Tambor.
6. Refer to #2. JLD could upset.
7. With Cranston gone, can Cohle finally win? I’m cool with Fargo wins though, especially Lorne Malvo.
8. HA! It’s in the bag. McDormand gave a career performance in Olive Kitteridge. Spunky Molly Solverson or Elsa Mars could upset.
9. I’ll say Matt Bomer wins but Alan Cumming could upset. Even Bill Murray just cause he’s Bill Murray.
10. Definitely Kathy Bates. Then again, the HFPA does like Downton Abbey. Aduba could also upset.
11. All 3 underlined entries are A+ shows but I’m starving for some True Detective wins after the semi-drought from the Emmys so I’ll go with that. Had True Detective won back in the Emmys, I would easily say Olive Kitteridge.
One thought on “My 72nd Golden Globe Awards Winners Predictions – TV”
Pingback: My 72nd Golden Globe Awards Winners Predictions - FILM - What's A Geek