Lenovo ThinkBook Offers New Features For Millennial, Gen-Z Professionals
Lenovo launches yet another line of products in the form of the Lenovo ThinkBook. This new ultrabook finds itself geared towards Millennials, professionals, and consumers looking for industry-level computing devices.
For newcomers and tech savants, this marks the journey of the tech company towards the “prosumer,” a professional consumer. For Lenovo, this move just stays true to its mission to innovate technologies on enterprise, commercial, and consumer levels. In the case of the Lenovo ThinkBook, the new laptop line finds itself geared specifically to empower both the modern and future workforce.
Lenovo ThinkBook: Stylish, Efficient For The Modern Professional
Those curious about the new Lenovo line might find the ThinkBook both stylish and a heavy-lifter. After all, Lenovo designed the ThinkBook with digitally-driven workplaces in mind: empowering Gen Z and Millennial workers with laptops that look good and perform just as well.
Lenovo’s Michael Ngan and Francis Judan guided guests and members of the media in the official launch of the ThinkBook line last August 20. Ngan, also Lenovo Philippines Country General Manager, touted the ThinkBook’s capability to boost productivity in workspaces.
“Through the ThinkBook, businesses will have an edge in attracting tech-savvy workers who grew up working, creating, and communicating online with stylish and premium devices,” he said. “Lenovo helps companies create a more productive workplace as young employees can now work to their fullest. [This is especially] knowing that their demands of flexibility, power, and aesthetics are fulfilled.”
ThinkBook: The Lineup
Lenovo’s new line of laptops finds itself equipped to endure the hardships of day-to-day operations.As such, the ThinkBook was developed with some of the durability features found in its elder ThinkPad siblings. These include:
- One might be surprised to find that everything in the ThinkBook except the keyboard is made of metal.
- Protection from water spills, extreme temperature, and vibrations.
- Its zinc-alloy hinge has powdered-metal technology to endure 25,000 open-and-close cycles. It can also open to up to 170 degrees.
- The laptop’s core components find themselves coated with both indium and stannum to enhance resistance to corrosion.
Headlining the ThinkBook lineup in the Philippines is the ThinkBook 13S. This device comes with a sleek, magnesium-infused aluminum finish, giving it a distinctive premium look.
- It has a 13.3” FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS antiglare display with less than 5.55mm thin bezels. This marks an 80-percent screen-to-body ratio. This gives users a bigger screen to work on.
- Its monitor is equipped with Dolby Vision™ high dynamic range technology. This provides increased brightness, expanded contrast, amazingly accurate color, and more refined detail to images.
- All ThinkBook 13S variants will run on an 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor. This comes with 8GB onboard memory, and 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD storage. This enables instantaneous response from programs.
Securing the Modern Workplace: Extra Features
Lenovo also equipped this ThinkBook variant with some handy features. For instance:
- For uninterrupted business, Lenovo equipped the device with a battery life of 11 hours and the Rapid Charge feature which fuels the battery up to 80% in just an hour of charging.
- The unit comes with preloaded features helpful for businesses such as the Lenovo Vantage, which offers tools for preventive hardware diagnostics, personalized hardware settings, and auto-install of critical updates.
- It also has the Lenovo Migration Assistant, a free application that helps users migrate all user files and settings when upgrading systems.
- It also has a 30-day trial of the entire Microsoft Office suite of productivity tools.
There are two variants of the ThinkBook 13S available:
- The PHP 54,990 variety will be powered by AMD RADEON 540X graphics. It will have a Windows 10 Home OS and 2-Year Carry-in Warranty.
- The PHP 58,990 will come out with Integrated Intel® UHD 620 on Unified Memory Architecture (UMA) graphics, Windows 10 Pro OS, and 1-Year Carry-in Warranty.
ThinkShield: Offering Enterprise-level Security and Support
Lenovo also equipped the ThinkBook 13S with its new ThinkShield security suite. It has features such as:
- Smart Power On fingerprint recognition for device access.
- FIDO (Fast Identity Online) security for safer online authentication.
- And discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM 2.0) encryption capabilities that encrypt and store device user credentials on a separate chip for added security.
- For physical security, the ThinkBook 13S has a ThinkShutter webcam cover.
In addition, users of the ThinkBook 13S can enjoy business-grade support services such as Premium Support that provides direct access to skilled and experienced Lenovo technicians offering comprehensive hardware and software support.
- This also includes next business day onsite support, wherein Lenovo IT experts will personally troubleshoot any problems and provide further solutions on premises.
- Furthermore, the device has Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) support that covers damages not usually part of standard warranties such as minor spills, drops, or damages to the screen.
Lenovo’s New Family
The ThinkBook’s launch officially makes it the newest member of Lenovo’s various product lines geared for various consumers. This adds ThinkBook to an impressive lineup of product families. To date, Lenovo currently has:
- The Yoga line, featuring its signature Yoga hinge. This line of devices range from foldable products, to laptop-tablet hybrids.
- The Legion line, released last year, marks Lenovo’s entry into professional gaming. Its Legion products deviate from usual gaming laptops, as they provide a stylish look and still pack a heavy punch.
- The ThinkPad remains ever-present for the day-to-day consumer. These laptops are perfect for casual users.
You can purchase the ThinkBook 13S in Lenovo Exclusive Stores. These are located at SM North EDSA, SM Mall of Asia, and SM Megamall; as well as Thinking Tools SM City Cebu.
Photo Credit: Anton Chua