Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 to come to PS4 and PS Vita
Dead or Alive fans has more reason to rejoice as Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 has been officially unveiled in the latest issue of Famitsu magazine.
Dead or Alive has always been known as the most fanservice-y of all fighting games, eventually creating the offshoot series Dead or Alive Xtreme for those more interested in the fanservice part. And instead of fighting one another, Dead or Alive Xtreme will have mini games instead (like beach volleyball) and a pseudo-dating sim. The latest incarnation of Dead or Alive Xtreme is currently being developed for both the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation Vita systems. The PlayStation 4 version is known as Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune, while the Vita version will be known as Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus.
Famitsu also had the chance to talk with the game’s producer Yosuke Hayashi, where he revealed a few things:
- DOAX3 will only be sold in the Asian region, though they would consider releasing a modified version of the game for the Western Audiences if demand calls for it.
- They will be using an adjusted version of the Soft Up 2.0 engine for the PS4 release, while the Vita version while use a custom engine version called Soft Engine Lite which makes use of the Vita’s camera and gyro features.
- Spending time with a single character apparently will reap greater rewards in the long run compared to targeting multiple characters
- Not all of the female cast will be in the game.
- Koei Tecmo will release 15 different character custom themes this week for PlayStation platforms, with the 9 top grossing characters earning a slot in the game.
- For what it’s worth, producer Hayashi mentioned that there are no plans for DLC for this game. Please bear in mind that this is Koei Tecmo that we are talking about though.
- There will be a Camera Mode for the game.
No release window has been mentioned so far for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3.