Warriors, to arms! Players of Warhammer: Chaosbane can finally get a sneak peek of what’s in store for their battles against the forces of Chaos. Big Ben and Eko Software in a video revealed a ton of information about Chaosbane‘s storyline, post-game content, as well as free and paid offerings. Just what do these Warhammer: Chaosbane DLCs and extra content have to offer?
Players curious about the folks behind Warhammer: Chaosbane can watch the team itself reveal exciting revelations in the video below.
Meanwhile, we at What’s A Geek! compiled interesting bits we’ve discovered about Chaosbane and its new offerings. And there’s quite a lot to wrap our heads around in.
Warhammer Chaosbane: Finish The Game With DLCs, Extra Modes
Contemporary games often have to tackle the problem of “relatability,” especially for story-driven experiences. Developers and publishers often want to find ways to make full-priced games have the best experiences possible. As such, modern titles often boast “hundreds of hours’ worth of content” scattered across numerous gameplay modes. Warhammer Chaosbane takes advantage of this trend, particularly New Game Plus.
In Chaosbane, players who finish the main story can opt to restart the game with a new character. Thing is, this new character gers to keep everything they’ve unlocked in the previous playthrough. These include money, fragments, and crafting among others.
Moreover, Chaosbane also offers a ton of gameplay modes that can be unlocked only after finishing the main quest.
- Expedition Mode: This expedites the process of making fast games with friends. Why bother with the same storyline, when Expedition Mode gives you a ton of randomly-generated levels to explore?
- Relic Hunt: Out for powerful items? Are you craving to get your warrior the best build for multiplayer? You can purchase a map from the Collector’s Guild and explore dungeons of several difficulty levels. This serves as a quick and efficient way for players to acquire powerful and heroic gear.
- Boss Rush: What better way to test the efficiency of your new builds than fighting bosses? You don’t need to tear through mobs just to meet a boss, though. Boss Rush sends you straight to boss encounters to test your new skills, gear, and builds.
Post Launch Has Regular Updates, And DLCs
The Chaosbane team promises regular updates for players of the Warhammer Fantasy Battles title. This seems apt for players looking forward to newer and better ways of fighting the forces of Chaos in their machines. Warhammer: Chaosbane DLCs and post-launch content may definitely add spice to the already gruesomely-awesome experience.
According to Big Ben and Eko Software, here are some things to expect:
- An upcoming update will add a new difficulty level and new gear to match.
- Another update will add a permanent death mode.
- A future update adds new difficulty levels for players, and heroic equipment sets for each hero.
- Players can also expect an increase to maximum character levels as well.
Moreover, players can also stay tuned for paid updates to the Warhammer title. Players with the Season Pass can simply wait for these updates to be released. However, fans without Season Passes may want to know about these four (4) upcoming DLCs.
- DLC 1: Players will be able to equip a passive skill that increases their odds of finding heroic items. They can enjoy new emotes as well.
- DLC 2: Players can augment the first DLC’s offerings with this DLC’s new passive. This new passive increases their odds of locating God fragments. Players with this DLC can also access an alternative God skill tree for each character.
- DLC 3: Players can finally get new companions with this DLC.
- DLC 4: This unveils a story completely separate from the main campaign. Players embark on a journey in a new act featuring never-before-seen environments. And while the main campaign will have you fight forces of Chaos, this DLC will have you fight the undead threat of the Tomb Kings.
Experience Warhammer Fantasy Battles In Your Desktop
Warhammer: Chaosbane serves as the first-ever hack-and-slash adaptation of the Warhammer Fantasy line. This action RPG sets players on a course to save the world from the forces of Chaos as one of four heroes.
The game takes place across the Old World, right at the heart of the Great War against Chaos. Choose between a human, a high elf, a wood elf, and a dwarf, and embark on a quest to save the world.
Fans of the Warhammer Fantasy Battles line will awe at how the game captures the iconic grim, dark, and bloody atmosphere of the franchise’s universe. Meanwhile, fans of action RPG will be delighted to see Chaosbane have similar elements from contemporaries like Diablo and Path of Exile, but with a more versatile arsenal of skills and weapons.
Unlike other action RPGs, Warhammer: Chaosbane lets you use a vast array of skills that gives you a ton of flexibility to maneuver every situation. Chaosbane excels in giving you a ton (we mean it) of enemies to mow through, and you have just the skills to have them.
Each character has their own set of basic, area-of-effect, and powerful skills and spells designed to give players ample opportunity to explore their play style. Characters also have unique movement skills that let them dash and zip past enemies, should the need arise.
Interested In More Warhammer Stuff?
Meanwhile, if you want to check out other Warhammer Fantasy titles, you might want to check out Warhammer: Age of Sigmar – Champions for the Switch. And if you want a bonus – yes, you can get it for free.
And, of course, if you want to play Warhammer Fantasy Battles – and even Warhammer 40K – in raw, tabletop format, you can check out resources from Games Workshop. Unlike the former, Warhammer 40K
takes place in a harsh 40th Millennium, where a space-faring Empire of Mankind have to face the threats in the form of various alien species.
Warhammer: Chaosbane gets released today, June 4, for the PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4TM. Meanwhile, owners of the Digital Deluxe and Magnus editions have been playing the game since May 31.